The ultimate goal for fast weight loss is to burn more calories with less effort. Let’s face it: spending several hours a day training at the gym is not practical for most people. Spending too much time working out is exhausting and time-consuming and will eventually lead to burnout.
So how can you burn more calories without exercising for hours? Here are some easy tips.
1. Drink green tea. Drinking green tea is a simple way to raise your metabolism and burn more fat.
2. Move more throughout the day. The more you move, the more calories you burn. Every movement counts, not just the time you dedicate to working out. From fidgeting to taking the stairs, any motion requires energy.
3. Don’t skip meals. A big misconception is that you can save calories and lose weight by skipping meals. It actually lowers your metabolism when you skip a meal. You need to fuel the fire by eating small, frequent meals throughout the day. The side benefit is you will never feel overly hungry and try to compensate by eating too much food.
4. Drink all of your daily recommended water. Create a system to keep track of your water intake if necessary. For instance, move a rubber band from one wrist to the other when you finish a glass. When all the rubber bands have been moved, you know that you have gotten in the minimum amount of water.
5. Switch up your meal plan. Eating the same thing day after day or sticking to the same daily calorie count can cause a plateau. Instead, try mixing things up to keep your body guessing and fire up your metabolism.
6. Switch up your exercise routine. Take your workout outside, try a new sport, vary the intensity of your workout or increase the time you spend working out. Keep your routine fresh to burn more calories.
7. Drink caffeinated beverages or take a caffeinated diet pill. Caffeine is shown to raise your metabolism to burn more fat. It can also increase your energy to get you through a tough workout.
8. Build muscle. Weight training is extremely helpful for weight loss. Muscle burns fat, so increasing muscle mass reshapes your body and changes your body composition.
9. Eat more lean protein. As you build muscle, your body requires a certain amount of lean protein. Protein also helps you feel full longer so you will be less likely to snack between meals.
10. Challenge yourself. You never know what you are capable of until you try. Push yourself to try new activities and step out of your comfort zone to burn more calories and lose weight faster.
If you follow these weight loss tips, you will shed unwanted pounds without becoming a gym rat. A permanent weight loss solution is one that can be incorporated into your life, not completely take over your life. Gradual lifestyle changes are most effective. After several weeks of trying a new activity or changing an unhealthy habit, you can choose a new goal to work on. Keep your weight loss in active status, but don’t let it take over your life. An obsession with weight loss is just as unhealthy as poor eating habits or a sedentary lifestyle. Learn to create balance in your life to lose weight and develop better overall health.