I am often asked how to lose body weight, it is a question on countless people’s minds and there are many ideas and theories floating around out there in magazines, books and on the internet. This article aims to cut through all the fluff and give you the 5 “must do” dietary rules that should form the basis for any healthy and effective weight loss program.
1. 5 or 6 small meals do work best and here is why, your body can only use so much of the food you eat immediately, the rest has to be converted to fat and stored. If you eat small meals then you are not leaving extra in your system that needs to be stored.
2. Eat carbs early and protein later. A great method I teach people who are wondering how to lose body weight is to shift the times of day the eat certain foods. By not eating carbohydrates after lunch you set up an environment that encourages the breakdown of body fat for energy and maximize your weight loss.
3. More protein. Protein was touched on in the last tip and you should include this important food in each meal throughout the day. The reason is because it keeps your blood sugar levels even making your body run efficiently and it also provides important building blocks to preserve muscle mass which is so vital to your metabolism.
4. More Veggies. Vegetables have lots of fiber which fill you up and keep your digestive system running well.
5. Cut out calorie-laden sodas. A basic rule is don’t drink your calories, these are generally empty calories and do little to satisfy hunger.
When faced with the question of how to lose body weight you can do many things but the 5 essential dietary rules are to eat small meals throughout the day, eat carbs early, get plenty of protein and vegetables and don’t drink your calories, with these basics in place you are ready to build an even better weight loss plan.