Do you have a weight loss challenge? Have you had difficulty losing weight or keeping it off? Here are 30 tips for help to lose weight and keep it off for good.
1. Eat only at mealtimes.
2. Focus on eating healthy foods.
3. Eat moderate meals that are satisfying.
4. Say positive affirmations around weight loss and self-love.
5. Do kind things for yourself.
6. Drink plenty of water.
7. Get support from friends, family, neighbors, church members, work associates, restaurant staff and more.
8. Join a weight loss support group.
9. Exercise daily according to what your doctor recommends.
12. Avoid fad dieting, fasting or anything not scientifically proven.
13. Visualize yourself as a healthy person.
14. Visualize yourself being able to climb stairs with ease, walk around the block breathing easy, and more!
15. Plan rewards for weight loss that don’t have to do with food or eating.
16. Treat yourself to a long, hot bath.
17. Work on emotional issues that come up rather than eat over them.
18. Call a friend when you want to eat.
19. Write down every food you eat, every bite you take, every day. Keep up this food journal to lose that weight!
20. Write down in your food journal the emotions you feel when you want to eat between meals.
21. Share your food journal daily with a trusted friend.
22. Wear good-looking clothes and keep up your appearance.
23. Plan your new wardrobe for your weight loss.
24. Stay out of the kitchen, except at mealtimes.
25. Find 5 things daily to be grateful for.
26. Remove all foods that tempt you to binge from your house.
27. Order special, low-calorie, healthy meals when you eat at restaurants.
28. Plan all meals ahead of time.
29. When visiting family or friends, ask about the menu. Plan for healthy meals and bring your own food if needed.
30. Bring your own food to work that is healthy so you are not tempted to grab fast food.
Most of all, surround yourself with love and support. Get family, friends, neighbors, church members, co-workers and exercise buddies to cheer you on. Let them know your successes and they will be proud of you. Lastly, be proud of yourself. This is a major life change! You can do it and it helps when you cheer yourself on. Go for it!